Sunday, March 2, 2008

Special package from Paris...

Raph, my colleague called me today asking if I am free for a dinner. We have not met since I came back from my Spring holidays as his office is located in a different building. Raph is a French, he is living nearby my apartment with his beautiful wife, Veronique and cute baby girl, Marie. I agreed to meet him at the hotel cafe.

I had known Veron since they came to stay in China. To my surprise, they bought some stitching stuffs from French for me. Both of them discovered that I am a serious stitcher when they came over for lunch and have a look at my apartment for the first time in December. Raph commented that I had a cross stitch industry in the apartment right after he step into my little stitching room where I place all my stash.

These are the snapshot of my French stuff from both of them...



Veron handpicked the colors of the Soei d'Algier, the silk thread which is quite popular among stitchers in Europe, a chart from Danielle Gouriou-Curie and a set of John James needle I feel so delighted to have them as my special stash collection !!... thanks to both of you....they are soo lovelyyy!!!

I also found some "linen heaven" today.....I bump into a shop while walking at nearby so called market.....I browse around and was shock to find they are in fact a Belfast linen made in Italy....but in China !!....too good to be true...and the price is very cheap......I thought of buying at first but have to put the thought away since I have about 1/2 meter of Belfast linen and some other fabrics....and since the shop is a fabric speciality it carry a few different colors which make me crazy !!!....I wanted to take some photos but had forgotten to bring along my digital camera....I will definately go again and will take some snapshots....

I have been up to a few WIP of late plus one exchange plan for mattress pincushion ....hope to update in my next journal entry....and last but not least, tried my hand into making one pincushion for weekend project which turn out to be disastrous....I put the blame of not having a sewing machine to assemble the cotton fabric (LOL)......


Happy stitchings! and hope you had enjoyed reading my entry.
CT

No comments: