Monday, May 4, 2009

Baking local delicacy

I guess you must be wondering why I wrote quite a bit journal updating my latest activity today. The main reason behind it is that it was done while waiting for my "kuih bakar" in the oven....LOL.....On my recent trip back to Kuantan, my mother in law gave me the mould for making this local delicacy since she is no longer using it. I have been wanting to have this mould so much but could not find any near my home. I never knew that my MIL keep a piece in her kitchen. I am so happy that I inherit hers now ....ha....ha........this is the outcome....guess no so bad for the first timer!!



Very simple recipe...I just use 8 whole eggs, sugar, small portion of flour, coconut milk, a small bowl of sugar and pandan syrup extracted from blended pandan leaves. Mix altogather and pour into the mould. Set the temperature to 150-200 then baked it for 15 minutes. That's it!

No comments: