Monday, January 12, 2009

My 1st LHN Stitching Piece...

As I said earlier, I plan to dedicate this year's stitching on LHN and CCN piece out of my stash. This is my 1st attempt. I had made a very slow progress on this one due to my other stitching commitment but nevertheless, I am quite happy finally I managed to pick up stitching from one of my favorite designers.



"COMFORT" Thread pack
Stitch on my hand dyed "Green Tea"



Start date : 22nd November 2008




By end of Dec 2009





My progress as of today











I thought it was an easy stitching piece, but I was totally wrong. It's a bit tricky, as you can see some frogging on this piece. This does not turn out to be so well, but I promise myself to stitch another piece later. This piece will be frame and I plan to buy some simple frame. I have seen some simple one at Walmart and Ikea recently. Just wanna try out framing myself since I have all the tools for that purposes.










By the way, have you check out Diane's latest Little Women -Virtue Thread pack series, I guess coming up in February. The "Gentle and Kind" is very lovely. It's looks so special. Goosshh....there goes my $$ again!!...have to put it in my end of 2009 purchase list.




Stashhhhing again........

These are the stash that I received in December....mainly some purchases I made for 2008 which as I said earlier will last me until end of 2009 (If I stick to my word on no more buying until end of 2009....)




I made the purchase for the whole Coffee & Tea Thread Pack series and some other LHN & CCN charts. Also, I had a chance to made a trip to my local favorite needlecraft shop " Craft World" and grabbed some Zweigarts linen supply at 25% discount plus some Multicolors Anchor thread. Can't wait to hand dye the white linen with the dye I brought in from Malaysia. Time to play with the colors......




These are some of the stash purchase from local store here in China, cards, 25 colors of DMC color variation (not sure though why I bought them!!), 14ct DMC Marbled Aida and Impression Aida Fabrics.





During my last trip home, I brought with me linen for some of my stitching buddies back home, I hope for those of you who had received it enjoy stitching them.


My next LHN thread pack stitching will be from the "Coffee & Tea" series dedicated for my new kitchen. I welcome those who wanted to stitch-a-long with me but of course you have to get your own chart.



Till then... thanks for checking on me......Happy stitching!!!



Hugs
//siti





























































No comments: